Asp.net Development Server not automatically starting

Guest

I have a solution that contains a windows forms project and some web service
projects. Some of the web service projects are file-based and some are
project based. When I run the application from VS2005, the file-based web
services' Asp.net Development Server will automatically start but the project
based web services' Asp.net Development Server won't start at all. If I
change the solution to have multiple startup projects and I select the
project based web services + the winforms project, the asp.net development
server will automatically start for each of the project based web services.
Is this the only way I can get these to automatically start? Why are the
project based webservices treated differently than the file-based webservices?

(VS2005 SP1, XP SP2, Admin, IE7, File-based & project based web services, VB)

Thanks for any help.

Allen