ASP.NET Disassemble

tahir

Hi,
I was developing an ASP.NET website when my laptop is stolen. I have now
only .dll and .compiled files on web host.
what can i do to recover my project? I use Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector and
can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at all.
What should i do?
thanks for help

Federico

Hi,
I was developing an ASP.NET website when my laptop is stolen. I have now
only .dll and .compiled files on web host.
what can i do to recover my project? I use Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector and
can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at all.
What should i do?
thanks for help

The reflector has a plugin called FileDisassembler. It creates all cs
files for you

tahir

thanks for replaying,
Reflector shows only C# code and file disassembler plugin creates cs files
but only class files which located in App_Code directory, not the web page
files.
please any other disassembly?
thanks again :)

bruce barker

if you precompiled the site, you can only get the genered code of the web
page. the asp.net compiler converts the aspx page to a dll. to do this it
converts the aspx page to the language of choice (say c#), then compiles it.
you can decompile back to the language source, but not the original aspx
code. this code is pretty readable, so you could use it (via a handler).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

tahir said:
Hi,
I was developing an ASP.NET website when my laptop is stolen. I have now
only .dll and .compiled files on web host.

This is good.
what can i do to recover my project? I use Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector
and can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at
all.
What should i do?

The ASPX tagged page is likely on the server. It will have the wrong
codebehind= for source, but that is easy enough to fix. In the bin folder,
you will find all that you need, although it is not complete
straightforward.

1. Use File Dissassembler to create libraries
2. For the true class libraries, attempt to compile and fix until you can
compile - easy step
3. For the web class libraries, you will have to find the page in question,
change the @Page to hit the code file and resurrect the code file from the
library

If you use single page assemblies in your publish, this is fairly simple. If
you allowed it to make one DLL, you will end up doing some searching to get
things up and running. It is not a huge deal, but it will be time consuming.

If you compiled with no tagged pages, they are compiled in the DLLs as well.
I have not looked at source on these, so I cannot tell you how much work you
might have.