    can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at all.
    What should i do?
    thanks for help

    tahir, Jun 13, 2008

  2. tahir

    Federico Guest

    On Jun 13, 8:31 am, "tahir" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I was developing an ASP.NET website when my laptop is stolen. I have now
    > only .dll and .compiled files on web host.
    > what can i do to recover my project? I use Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector and
    > can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at all.
    > What should i do?
    > thanks for help

    The reflector has a plugin called FileDisassembler. It creates all cs
    files for you

    Federico, Jun 13, 2008

  3. tahir

    Joe Fawcett Guest

    "Federico" <> wrote in message
    > On Jun 13, 8:31 am, "tahir" <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I was developing an ASP.NET website when my laptop is stolen. I have now
    >> only .dll and .compiled files on web host.
    >> what can i do to recover my project? I use Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector
    >> and
    >> can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at
    >> all.
    >> What should i do?
    >> thanks for help

    > The reflector has a plugin called FileDisassembler. It creates all cs
    > files for you

    But it doesn't create the aspx markup does it?

    --

    Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)
    http://joe.fawcett.name

    Joe Fawcett, Jun 13, 2008
  4. tahir

    Federico Guest

    On Jun 13, 1:14 pm, "Joe Fawcett" <> wrote:
    > "Federico" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> On Jun 13, 8:31 am, "tahir" <> wrote:
    > >> Hi,
    > >> I was developing an ASP.NET website when my laptop is stolen. I have now
    > >> only .dll and .compiled files on web host.
    > >> what can i do to recover my project? I use Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector
    > >> and
    > >> can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at
    > >> all.
    > >> What should i do?
    > >> thanks for help

    > > The reflector has a plugin called FileDisassembler. It creates all cs
    > > files for you

    > But it doesn't create the aspx markup does it?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)http://joe.fawcett.name

    No, Only Code File, I guess

    Federico, Jun 13, 2008
  5. tahir

    tahir Guest

    thanks for replaying,
    Reflector shows only C# code and file disassembler plugin creates cs files
    but only class files which located in App_Code directory, not the web page
    files.
    please any other disassembly?
    thanks again :)

    "Federico" <>, haber iletisinde sunlari
    yazdi:...

    tahir, Jun 13, 2008
  6. tahir

    bruce barker Guest

    if you precompiled the site, you can only get the genered code of the web
    page. the asp.net compiler converts the aspx page to a dll. to do this it
    converts the aspx page to the language of choice (say c#), then compiles it.
    you can decompile back to the language source, but not the original aspx
    code. this code is pretty readable, so you could use it (via a handler).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 13, 2008
  7. "tahir" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I was developing an ASP.NET website when my laptop is stolen. I have now
    > only .dll and .compiled files on web host.

    This is good.

    > what can i do to recover my project? I use Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector
    > and can see source of dlls as C# code but i couldn't retrieve ASP codes at
    > all.
    > What should i do?

    The ASPX tagged page is likely on the server. It will have the wrong
    codebehind= for source, but that is easy enough to fix. In the bin folder,
    you will find all that you need, although it is not complete
    straightforward.

    1. Use File Dissassembler to create libraries
    2. For the true class libraries, attempt to compile and fix until you can
    compile - easy step
    3. For the web class libraries, you will have to find the page in question,
    change the @Page to hit the code file and resurrect the code file from the
    library

    If you use single page assemblies in your publish, this is fairly simple. If
    you allowed it to make one DLL, you will end up doing some searching to get
    things up and running. It is not a huge deal, but it will be time consuming.

    If you compiled with no tagged pages, they are compiled in the DLLs as well.
    I have not looked at source on these, so I cannot tell you how much work you
    might have.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jun 13, 2008