ASP.NET doesn't work and show after installation of SDK 1.1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Oscar, Jun 18, 2005.

  1. Oscar

    Oscar Guest

    I am a beginner to ASP.NET and have not been able to have ASP.NET working.

    My PC is a XP Professional SP2, IIS V5.0 , IE 6.0
    The configuration was able to run ASP pages at forehand.

    I have first installed the .NET Framework 1.1 redistrib.
    After that I have installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK

    I've prepared an aspx (trace.aspx) page in Notepad which only holds : <%
    Page Trace="true" %> and saved it in the \Inetpub\wwwroot\ directory.

    When I start Internet Explorer and type http:///localhost/trace.aspx , the
    browser shows <% Page Trace="true" %> and not the expected table with trace
    results. I've also tried one example from a site and the browser only
    reported a blanc screen.

    My server was configured to work with ASP. Hence all ASP page files show a
    (yellow) ASP icon. However the aspx page shows a notepad icon. I've been
    through the settings of IIS 5.0 and I could only see some settings for ASP
    and no settings for ASP.NET at all.

    It looks like ASP.NET is not configured at all after the installation of the
    ..NET Framework. How can I solve this ?

    regards,
    Oscar
    Oscar, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Oscar

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Mapping might be bust, try running:
    C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    come!)

    Karl Seguin, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Oscar

    Paul Wu Guest

    Open up a command prompt and navigate to your .NET 1.1 installation
    directory. On my computer it is :

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>

    Then type this:

    aspnet_regiis -i

    Now try your code again.

    Paul Wu
    www.rulemasters.com

    Paul Wu, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Oscar

    Oscar Guest

    Thanks Karl,

    It start to work now, however in this small page which contains only the
    following coding : <% Page Trace = "True" %> the following error is
    reported :

    BC30800: Method arguments must be enclosed in parentheses

    While this sample was from a beginner book for ASP.NET I didn't expect
    syntax error. Any suggestion what the problem could be ?

    Oscar, Jun 18, 2005
  5. Try:

    <%@ Page Trace = "True" %>

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en EspaƱol
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Oscar

    Oscar Guest

    Thanks Juan,
    I omitted the '@' character ( same as in the book).

    regards,
    Oscar

    Oscar, Jun 19, 2005
  7. Oscar

    andycsuf

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Why do you need to register for IIS?

    Hi Everyone,
    I just have a question that why are we registering for IIS?
    andycsuf, Oct 17, 2006