ASP.NET doesn't work and show after installation of SDK 1.1

Oscar

I am a beginner to ASP.NET and have not been able to have ASP.NET working.

My PC is a XP Professional SP2, IIS V5.0 , IE 6.0
The configuration was able to run ASP pages at forehand.

I have first installed the .NET Framework 1.1 redistrib.
After that I have installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK

I've prepared an aspx (trace.aspx) page in Notepad which only holds : <%
Page Trace="true" %> and saved it in the \Inetpub\wwwroot\ directory.

When I start Internet Explorer and type http:///localhost/trace.aspx , the
browser shows <% Page Trace="true" %> and not the expected table with trace
results. I've also tried one example from a site and the browser only
reported a blanc screen.

My server was configured to work with ASP. Hence all ASP page files show a
(yellow) ASP icon. However the aspx page shows a notepad icon. I've been
through the settings of IIS 5.0 and I could only see some settings for ASP
and no settings for ASP.NET at all.

It looks like ASP.NET is not configured at all after the installation of the
..NET Framework. How can I solve this ?

regards,
Oscar

Karl Seguin

Mapping might be bust, try running:
C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i

Karl

Paul Wu

Open up a command prompt and navigate to your .NET 1.1 installation
directory. On my computer it is :

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>

Then type this:

aspnet_regiis -i

Now try your code again.

Paul Wu
www.rulemasters.com

Oscar

Thanks Karl,

It start to work now, however in this small page which contains only the
following coding : <% Page Trace = "True" %> the following error is
reported :

BC30800: Method arguments must be enclosed in parentheses

While this sample was from a beginner book for ASP.NET I didn't expect
syntax error. Any suggestion what the problem could be ?

Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Why do you need to register for IIS?

Hi Everyone,
I just have a question that why are we registering for IIS?