ASP.NET\DreamWeaver

rj

We are developing an ASP.NET website that will provide databasae access
to the users, for ordering and looking up different information. The
static website is developed in Dream Weaver and this is where the user
will supply the logon information to get into the ASP.NET application.
We would like to have it appear to the user as one site, so if they are
on the static site or database site, it would appear as the same site to
the user. Can this be done?

TIA

Maziar Aflatoun

ASP.NET is a server-side programming language which you can use to make your
pages more dynamic. Use ASP.NET in only the pages required and leave the
static page as is (.html)

Maz.

clintonG

How would recommend the application manage state when
the majority of the pages are presumed to be static .html?

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Not always, you can choose to use cookieless session handling. In
cookieless mode, the server automatically inserts the session ID into
relative URLs.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You can associate any file extension to be handled by the asp.net processor
in the IIS settings. So your .aspx pages could in theory be called .htm I
expect.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP

rj

John:

What I am not sure of is how to make the ASP.NET site co-exist in the
Dreamweaver site. The developer of the Dreamweaver site has links on
various pages, when clicked by the user, will open up an aspx page in
the browser. I also need to store the users information for use between
the two. Will the Dreamweaver site be able to access the .NET Http objects?

TIA

Lucas Tam

Not always, you can choose to use cookieless session handling. In
cookieless mode, the server automatically inserts the session ID into
relative URLs.

True - but I don't think cookieless works with static HTML content ... or
does it?

Lucas Tam

rj said:

Since it's HTML, the Dreamweaver site won't be able to access .NET objects.

However, the site will run side by side with standard ASP.NET pages.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

I dont actually know, if you piped the HTML pages via the asp.net ISAPI
handler then you could quickly find out....