ASP.Net dropdown

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by anoop, Jul 10, 2006.

  1. anoop

    anoop Guest

    Hello,
    I have .aspx page which has a dropdown. The Dropdown has 10
    values. Now If I say Select 10th Value at client Side , submit the form and
    Intercept the Form by using an Intercepting proxy (BURP PROXY). Now if I
    change the corresponding passed value of dropdown to an invalid value such as
    ' or '1'='1 and Press the Forward button of the Interceptor. Now the Result is

    The Value of the Dropdown changes to the First Value.
    Now :
    Initial Value - 10th value of dropdown
    Final Value - 1st Value of dropdown

    Now How can I validate this value so that If anyone gives invalid value
    after Form is submitted from the Client Side by intercepting, The Form
    should give one of the result

    1. It should give user defined error
    2. The Value remain selected as it is.

    please help me.