ASP.NET Duplicate SessionID Problem

CQL

I'm using a custom Session object to store information about current
selections in my asp.net application and I am running into a problem on IE
when a new window is cloned using Ctrl+N. Because IE uses same session id's
for two windows a problem exists where a user can potentially update wrong
data.
For example: I have selected patient A to be the current patient and I am
looking at patient's A records, then I open another window using Ctrl+N.
Obviously it pulls up exactly the same information about patient A. Well, I
select patient B and look at his/her information. (My session object now
holds patient B as current). Then I switch back to the first window... which
still has patient A displayed, I change some info and click 'Update' --
tragically I just updated patient B with patient's A information.
What is the best way to prevent this scenario in asp.net without having to
pass arguments around from page to page.
Thanks in advance -
Dan

MS News \(MS ILM\)

I would use the unique patient ID in the Database to update a patient
keep the patient ID with each Window.
pass parameters around.

Colin Young

Find a better way of keeping track of which patient you are updating.
Passing arguments from page to page is the simplest way to accomplish that.

What exactly is the problem with passing arguments from page to page?

Colin