ASP.NET & Dynamically generating controls or an Entire Page from ASP.NET Script

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Chris Lane, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. Chris Lane

    Chris Lane Guest

    Hi,

    I am still a newbie to ASP.NET. So far I have seen nothing
    about dynamically creating controls on a WebForm at
    runtime or about creating the entire page from asp script
    by writing the HTML out from ASP.NET Script.
    This was the beauty of classic ASP and I don't see how
    this works in .NET at all. I have looked for examples like
    this but must not be looking in the right place cause I
    can't find any. So far all I have seen is allot of fluff
    about the new things that you can do in .NET. I mean
    anybody can drop some controls on to a webform and bind
    them to a datasource. I need real world functionality.

    Is any of this possible?
    Are there any tutorials or examples like this out there?
    Is it possible to reposition a HTML Server control or a
    Web Control on the webform at runtime?

    Thanks
    Chris Lane, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Chris Lane

    Hermit Dave Guest

    RE: ASP.NET & Dynamically generating controls or an Entire Page from ASP.NET

    download the lastest framework sdk... and get some decent
    books.... look up asp.net sites..... i know what u meant
    by the beauty of classic asp and tell you what....
    asp.net is great....
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Nov 25, 2003