    E-Commerce site using ASP.NET? I am very familiar with all the .NET stuff,
    but I'm looking for info on security considerations, etc.

    thnx
    Ryan Moore, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Ryan Moore

    Scott Allen Guest

    These documents are not specific to e-commerce, but they do provide a
    comprehensive overview of server side security considerations.

    Improving Web Application Security: Threats and Countermeasures
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpmsdn.asp

    Building Secure ASP.NET Applications: Authentication, Authorization,
    and Secure Communication
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpmsdn.asp

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com

    Scott Allen, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Ryan Moore

    clintonG Guest

    I've developed e-commerce and one of the several things I learned
    is that the payment processors are the fastest moving objects as they
    continue to implement new requirements that require coding.

    Thus, you should be creating a collection of payment processor
    sites and monitoring the trends.

    Just this week for example Verisign has released a new initiative
    and it seems others will follow. What happens is one or the other
    takes the lead and the others then follow with the same implementation
    or their own idea of how an implementation should function.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
    Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

    clintonG, Sep 23, 2004