ASP.Net equivalent for LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress

Craig Dunstan

I am using C# to write a web service, which relies on some underlying
functionality in a third party DLL. I have been reliably informed that I
should not use static binding to the DLL as this will be unstable in a
multi-threaded environment, however I cannot seem to find the replacement
for LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress to access the DLL dynamically.

Can anyone give me a hint as to how this should be done for an ASP.Net web
service
solution in C# or VisualBasic?

Thanks in advance
Craig

Scott Allen

Hi Craig:

Do a search for PInvoke in the help files. (I'm assuming this is an
unmanaged (non .NET) DLL).

Your reliable source of information doesn't make sense. How you link
to a DLL, either implicitly with imports or explicitly with
LoadLibrary has no impact on the stability in an MT environment - so
don't make extra work for yourself based on this information till you
follow up a a bit more.

HTH,