ASP.NET Error page - possible to generate?

Ed Eichman

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to generate, in code, exactly (or close to it) the
detailed error page generated by (IIS? ASP.NET? .NET Framework?) when
an exception is thrown in a ASP.NET web application using C#?

Details:

I am an experienced programmer doing my first web application for an
intranet doing ASP.NET.

I have a page where I collect information from DBs on a bunch of
different machines and display the info to the user. If accessing one
of the DBs throws an exception, I get a great page generated by (IIS?
ASP.NET? .NET Framework?) with detailed information about where in the
code the exception occured, stack crawl, detailed explanation, etc.

However, if I have problems with only one machine, this detailed error
page hides all the other info, therefore, I have to "catch" the error
and generate a "normal" page with text indicating that some of the
info could not be retreived.

I would like to be able to generate the detailed error page, and put a
link to the page in the "normal" page so that the user can give me
detailed error information. Even better, I would like to be able to
mail myself the page, but I would guess that I can figure out how to
do that. What I'm looking for are pointers for how to generate the
error page.

Thanks,
Ed Eichman
Rocinante Software S.L. (www.rocinantesoftware.com)