ASP.NET Event handling

David Norris

I have an edit control that handles text change events and a link button that
handles click events. If the user changes the text in the edit control but
posts back by clicking on the link button I need to be able to ignore the
text changed event. Problem is the text changed event gets raised first and
then the link button click event gets raised. I need a way to determine at
page load or even at the text changed event handler whether or not the link
button click event will get raised. Does anyone know of a way to identify
which web control events will get raised at post back prior to the time that
the event handlers themselves get invoked?

Thanks,