ASP.NET Exception Handling with the Enterprise Library (Jan 2006)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Wade, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Wade

    Wade Guest

    Hey all,

    Question regarding Exception Handling w/ Application Blocks. The example
    given (ExceptionHandlingWithLogginQuickStart) creates a DialogResult to
    display the error message back to the user (AppMessageExceptionHandler.cs,
    line 51). How should this be done in ASP.NET?

    We have a control defined on our pages that we want errors to output into
    .... how should we accomplish this? Since our exception handler is in our
    business layer, we don't want to explicitly write to our UI page. Should I
    raise an even that is handled by the UI, which then displays the error?

    I have not found any good examples for ASP.NET and exception handling in the
    enterprise library.

    Thanks,

    Wade
    Wade, Jul 24, 2006

  2. You can alwayz customize it according to your needs, as it is open source.

    =?Utf-8?B?TXVydGF6YQ==?=, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Wade

    Wade Guest

    Okay ... I know that I can "customize" it ... please allow me to rephrase

    What is the most standard way of implementing this? Anyone know of any MS
    resources that deal with displaying the error message to the end user via
    application blocks in an ASP.NET application, rather than a Windows app?
    What worked for you, and what didn't?

    Wade, Jul 24, 2006
  4. Re: ASP.NET Exception Handling with the Enterprise Library (Jan 20

    No i dun think Microsoft provides any example working with ASP.NET,
    personally i dont use Exception Block much, i have made my own mechanism n
    yes its workign quite well for me.

    =?Utf-8?B?TXVydGF6YQ==?=, Jul 25, 2006