ASP.NET Exception Handling with the Enterprise Library (Jan 2006)

Wade

Hey all,

Question regarding Exception Handling w/ Application Blocks. The example
given (ExceptionHandlingWithLogginQuickStart) creates a DialogResult to
display the error message back to the user (AppMessageExceptionHandler.cs,
line 51). How should this be done in ASP.NET?

We have a control defined on our pages that we want errors to output into
.... how should we accomplish this? Since our exception handler is in our
business layer, we don't want to explicitly write to our UI page. Should I
raise an even that is handled by the UI, which then displays the error?

I have not found any good examples for ASP.NET and exception handling in the
enterprise library.

Thanks,

Wade

Wade

Okay ... I know that I can "customize" it ... please allow me to rephrase

What is the most standard way of implementing this? Anyone know of any MS
resources that deal with displaying the error message to the end user via
application blocks in an ASP.NET application, rather than a Windows app?
What worked for you, and what didn't?

Guest

No i dun think Microsoft provides any example working with ASP.NET,
personally i dont use Exception Block much, i have made my own mechanism n
yes its workign quite well for me.