ASP.Net Execution...

Carlo Razzeto

Hey, I have a question about how ASP.Net execution works... I know that with
other server side web scripting platforms, when a form is posted to the
webserver the page will execute untill the script completes regardless of
end user action. That is to say the end user pressing the stop button,
closing the browser, navigating to a different page etc will not stop page
execution (they just won't be getitng the responses).

How does ASP.Net handle this? If the client stops the page on the browser in
any way will IIS & the ASP.Net worker process continue executing the page?
Or will they stop execution? Thanks,

Carlo

John Saunders [MVP]

Carlo Razzeto said:
Hey, I have a question about how ASP.Net execution works... I know that
with other server side web scripting platforms, when a form is posted to
the webserver the page will execute untill the script completes regardless
of end user action. That is to say the end user pressing the stop button,
closing the browser, navigating to a different page etc will not stop page
execution (they just won't be getitng the responses).

How does ASP.Net handle this? If the client stops the page on the browser
in any way will IIS & the ASP.Net worker process continue executing the
page? Or will they stop execution? Thanks,

Clicking the Stop button does not cause any communication with the server.
Therefore ASP.NET, like every other server-side environment, will not know
that the user pressed the button.

Carlo Razzeto

Excellent, that's what I figured!

Carlo