ASP.NET Extensions

Lee Forst

What is all required to run an ASP.NET application on an
IIS server? Of course you would need to have the .NET
Framework installed, but do you have to have the ASP.NET
Extensions installed? What do the extensions give you.

Thanks

Chris Jackson

You have to have the .NET framework in place, and you have to register the
web site to map the various file extensions to the appropriate handler. That
way, when you get in a request to *.aspx, IIS knows to hand it over to the
ASP.NET runtime rather than just spitting back the plain text source code.
aspnet_regiis.exe will do this for you.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Lee,

You simply have to have the .NET Framework installed and ASP.NET has to be
registered. To register ASP.NET, you run aspnet_regiis -i from the
Framework directory.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Guest

Thanks. What ASP.NET extensions are there? My server
Admin is telling me that there are some installed on our
development IIS server. Is there something that allows
remote debugging?

From: "Lee Forst" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Lee Forst" <[email protected]>
Subject: ASP.NET Extensions
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:41:26 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

What is all required to run an ASP.NET application on an
IIS server? Of course you would need to have the .NET
Framework installed, but do you have to have the ASP.NET
Extensions installed? What do the extensions give you.

Thanks

.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

The remote debugging components may be installed. However, they are not
ASP.NET extensions. It is a Visual Studio .NET component. There really is
no such thing as ASP.NET extensions.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET