    Thanks in advance.

    -----------------------

    <Id>df+IoIypBEGPwH8iDP8M2w==</Id>

    Amit Batish via .NET 247, Mar 22, 2005

  2. While the HttpForbiddenHandler is probably a good choice for the MDB files
    (although placing them complete outside your web site folder hierarchy would
    be an even better choice), it's not the right choice for files that actually
    need to be accessed via your application. For the PDF files, try using
    StaticFileHandler instead.

    HTH,
    Nicole

    "Amit Batish via .NET 247" <> wrote in message
    Hi
    I am developing a site with ASP.NET which involves displaying PDf ifles
    using acrobat activeX control. To avoid a user to directly open a PDF file
    using the path of the file I am trying to implement security for the files
    using the article "Protecting Files with ASP.NET " posted at

    When I do all the settings as discribed in the article the PDF and MDB files
    are secured but now the activeX control is no longer able to display the PDF
    files even after authentication. I don't know wahts happening please help.

    Thanks in advance.

    <Id>df+IoIypBEGPwH8iDP8M2w==</Id>

    Nicole Calinoiu, Mar 29, 2005