ASP.NET file security problem

Amit Batish via .NET 247

Hi
I am developing a site with ASP.NET which involves displaying PDfifles using acrobat activeX control. To avoid a user to directlyopen a PDF file using the path of the file I am trying toimplement security for the files using the article "ProtectingFiles with ASP.NET " posted athttp://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/020404-1.aspx

When I do all the settings as discribed in the article the PDFand MDB files are secured but now the activeX control is nolonger able to display the PDF files even after authentication.I don't know wahts happening please help.

Thanks in advance.

Nicole Calinoiu

While the HttpForbiddenHandler is probably a good choice for the MDB files
(although placing them complete outside your web site folder hierarchy would
be an even better choice), it's not the right choice for files that actually
need to be accessed via your application. For the PDF files, try using
StaticFileHandler instead.

HTH,
Nicole