    the same problem occurs, each page the user clicks on brings the basic
    authentication popup prior to display.

    Any suggestions?
    Brett Porter, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Brett Porter

    Paul Glavich Guest

    Try these :-
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258063
    Internet Explorer May Prompt You for a Password

    -and-

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303650
    Intranet Site Is Identified as an Internet Site When You Use an FQDN or IP
    Address

    --
    - Paul Glavich

    Paul Glavich, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Probably in your pages there are some referenced file (css, js) that are in
    another folder that requires authentication, this can explain why you can
    browse succesfully the page even if you click cancel.

    HtH,

    Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT], Jan 20, 2004