ASP.NET Forms Authentication with Oracle Integrated Security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by jeevan.bordoloi@ocwen.com, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I am trying to develop a ASP.NET web application. I want to use Forms
    Authentication for authenticating the users. But, instead of using
    Oracle user id and password, can I use Integrated Security?

    I tried the same with Windows Authentication, and it did work. But for
    Forms Authentication, I am unable to connect to the Oracle DB. Kindly
    help.

    I had tried enabling/disabling the "integrated windows Authentication"
    in IIS. My web.config entries are:

    <configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="ConString" value="Data Source=dev1;Integrated
    Security=true;" />
    </appSettings>
    <system.web>
    <compilation
    defaultLanguage="c#"
    debug="true"
    />
    <customErrors
    mode="RemoteOnly"
    />

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="Logon.aspx" protection="All" slidingExpiration="true"
    timeout="90" />
    </authentication>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>
    <identity impersonate="false"/>
    <trace
    enabled="false"
    requestLimit="10"
    pageOutput="false"
    traceMode="SortByTime"
    localOnly="true"
    />

    <sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data
    source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="20"
    />

    <globalization
    requestEncoding="utf-8"
    responseEncoding="utf-8"
    />

    </system.web>

    </configuration>

    Thanks and Regards,
    Jeevan
    , Apr 25, 2006

  2. with forms, your process identity will be used to access oracle, e.g. NETWORK
    SERVICE,

    is this account authorized to access oracle??

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Apr 25, 2006

    Thanks for your reply, it indeed worked

    Dominick wrote:
    > with forms, your process identity will be used to access oracle, e.g. NETWORK
    > SERVICE,
    >
    > is this account authorized to access oracle??
    >
    > ---------------------------------------
    > Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    > http://www.leastprivilege.com
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I am trying to develop a ASP.NET web application. I want to use Forms
    > > Authentication for authenticating the users. But, instead of using
    > > Oracle user id and password, can I use Integrated Security?
    > >
    > > I tried the same with Windows Authentication, and it did work. But for
    > > Forms Authentication, I am unable to connect to the Oracle DB. Kindly
    > > help.
    > >
    > > I had tried enabling/disabling the "integrated windows Authentication"
    > > in IIS. My web.config entries are:
    > >
    > > <configuration>
    > > <appSettings>
    > > <add key="ConString" value="Data Source=dev1;Integrated
    > > Security=true;" />
    > > </appSettings>
    > > <system.web>
    > > <compilation
    > > defaultLanguage="c#"
    > > debug="true"
    > > />
    > > <customErrors
    > > mode="RemoteOnly"
    > > />
    > > <authentication mode="Forms">
    > > <forms loginUrl="Logon.aspx" protection="All"
    > > slidingExpiration="true"
    > > timeout="90" />
    > > </authentication>
    > > <authorization>
    > > <deny users="?" />
    > > </authorization>
    > > <identity impersonate="false"/>
    > > <trace
    > > enabled="false"
    > > requestLimit="10"
    > > pageOutput="false"
    > > traceMode="SortByTime"
    > > localOnly="true"
    > > />
    > > <sessionState
    > > mode="InProc"
    > > stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    > > sqlConnectionString="data
    > > source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    > > cookieless="false"
    > > timeout="20"
    > > />
    > > <globalization