ASP.NET Framework and Internet Service Providers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Michael, Dec 19, 2008.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi there,

    I've just started developing web sites using Visual Web Developer / ASP.Net
    Framework 3.5 and AJAX Toolkit objects.

    Nothing worked when I uploaded the site to my web hosting provider.
    After some research it emerged that all ISPs in Australia only support .Net
    Framework 1.1 or 2.0.

    My questions are now, is that the same in the US?
    Why aren't Australian ISPs upgrading to 3.5?
    What can I do?
    Can I use AJAX objects such as the Accordion and target the .Net Framework
    2.0?
    One of the errors concerns the ScriptManager, can I use AJAX objects and use
    something else rather then ScriptManager?

    Any comments or pointers is very much appreciated.

    Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day...

    Michael

    Michael, Dec 19, 2008

  2. Michael

    Mike Gale Guest

    Hi,

    Not sure if you're still listening.

    I'm using a Kiwi ISP for hosting ASP.NET 3.5 sites. The ISP is 2day.com.

    To creater the site I set it up from their online provisioning system then
    request it be converted to .NET 3.5 (via the helpdesk).

    (I'd be surprised if there aren't Aussie ISP's doing the same but I haven't
    researched.)

    Hope that helps.

    Mike Gale, Jan 19, 2009

  3. Michael