ASP.NET Game I wrote...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Saul, May 1, 2005.

  1. Saul

    Saul Guest

    Hi all!

    I was wondering if a few of you might want to try out my new online game
    here... GEEKSLOTS!

    http://saulysw.servepics.com/Geekslots/frmSpin.aspx

    Which I wrote in ASP.NET. I have not written a help page yet, so I guess it
    needs some explaination! What you need to do is build a computer from parts,
    and then sell it for profit. You have 4 parts at a time to consider (top
    right), and your system below. You must buy at least one part from the 4
    each time, before you get new parts - or start a new system. Some things are
    optional, like a second hard drive or cd, but add quite a lot to the value
    of a system if you put items there. Note that some items actually make your
    system worth LESS than what you paid for it. Also, there are bonses if you
    get multiple items, similar to a 4 reeled slot machine. You get paid in a
    nominal currency called "Geekpoints" and you are rated to see how big a geek
    you are! Sounds confusing, but if you play it for a few minutes I think
    you'll get the hang of it. How much of a geek are you?? Find out!!

    I have realised that this benefits from a fairly large screen. If you are
    running at less than 1024x786 you will probably not like it much. Anyway...
    all an any feedback welcome!

    Once I've tweaked this a bit, I'll make the code downloadable on my web
    site...

    http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/sbryan/

    ps. This is running off my home PIII server on a cable connection in
    Australia, so if it gets loaded it's likely to be fairly slow, and I might
    even have to kill the site if it gets too popular!

    Regards,
    Saul
    Saul, May 1, 2005

  2. Saul

    Scott M. Guest

    What was your question or technical comment?

    Scott M., May 1, 2005

  3. Saul

    Saul Guest

    Scott,

    I guess I'm seeking opinion on the program as a whole. So I'm looking for
    technical comment, and I thought some people might find it a bit of fun. I'm
    not trying to spam the group - it is relevant in that it's all written in
    ASP.NET. I do have some issues with the code as well, which I may well ask
    questions later.

    Regards,
    Saul

    Saul, May 1, 2005
  4. Patrick Olurotimi Ige, May 2, 2005
  5. Saul

    Scott M. Guest

    I might suggest that you try a gamers forum to test the usability of your
    game. If you have technical questions or comments they would be best posted
    here.

    Scott M., May 2, 2005
  6. Saul

    Saul Guest

    Scott,

    I take your point.

    Regards,
    Saul

    Saul, May 2, 2005
  7. Saul

    Saul Guest

    Patrick,

    I live in Turramurra, Sydney, NSW, Australia. It's a nice place!

    Regards,
    Saul

    Saul, May 2, 2005