ASP.NET General Doubts.

Guest

Hi,
i have got a couple of doubts, which r:
1) Is there any way to use my existing vb code (or Vb's Dll) in asp.net
2) Where is the IntelliSense information stored ?
3) Actually i m saving data on button click, but the data gets saved
everytime on click of refresh button(on I.E) , how to overcome this ?
4) I want to display my data in a treeview fashion , how to do this ?

Regards,
Pradeep.

Teemu Keiski

1. Yes you can use COM components as well as other .NET components
(obviously) in .NET. You just take reference to the COm component in Visual
Studio and it creates a COMN wrapper for you which enables you to use your
classes

2. Intellisense means automatic statement completion and such. For example
with web controls in Visual Studio 2005, Intellisense options are gathered
by dynamically inspecting the controls (done by the IDE). Visual Studio
2002/2003 used separate XSD schema file for this. What comes to statement
completion in code, all this information is available within metadata of
..NET asemblies (e.g what types, methods, properties etc you have at your
disposal)

3. Some considerations: http://aspalliance.com/687

4. By using TreeView control (built-in into ASp.NET 2.0 example article:
http://aspalliance.com/732)

Guest

Thanks for ur info.

i have another set of questions , they are:

1)
How to check for single log on to the application, i.e i should check to see
whether the user has already logged in with the same user name ?

2)
and also can i know if the user has visited the page thru back button click ?

Regards,
Pradeep.