ASP.NET Gridview control not supporting Sorting for Collection obj

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?xZh1R3ZFZA==?=, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. Here is the error:

    direct link to erro image :

    http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/1666/untitled2pp.jpg

    Hi,
    I have a gridview control on the page which is bound to business object via
    objectdatasource and i m using collection to bring all my data on page. This
    used to work fine in beta version and no coding was changed. In RTM version
    every time
    I click on column to sort it its giving me following error.

    "The data source 'MyDataSource' does not support sorting with IEnumerable
    data. Automatic sorting is only supported with DataView, DataTable, and
    DataSet."

    I have my all data coming as a collection object , I am not using dataset
    anywhere.

    PLEASE someone tell me I will not have to re-write this.

    HELP !!!!:s

    =?Utf-8?B?xZh1R3ZFZA==?=, Feb 28, 2006

  2. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnadvnet/html/vbnet01272004.asp
    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, Feb 28, 2006