ASP.NET - gridview control

Incabyt

Hello,

I am trying to but unable to link to a file (located on the same machine and
on the C: drive) from a hyperlink column in a gridview.

I have been using the DataNavigateURLField property (set to a field, Field1,
in my Gridview) and the DataNavigateURLFormatString property (set to
File://localhost/c:/AFolder?Field1={0} ) where, Field1 contains the name of a
file that's in the AFolder.

Thanks,

MasterGaurav

What is that you get?
btw, that's not way to link to link to the file on the same machine.

file://localhost is nowhere.
If you want to link to the local drive, you should use:

file:///c:/AFolder?Field1={0}

Inanycase, clicking the URL will take you out of IIS and ASP.Net

What is that you are wanting to do... it seems you are writing terribly
wrong code.