ASP.Net Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Yousri, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. Yousri

    Yousri Guest

    Hi all,

    I am new to Visual studio.Net. I have been learning for the last month by
    "self-Paced" through these books.

    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams
    70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-310/70-320, and 70-300 .

    The Problem I am having is, I follow the sample of the book in developing a
    ASP.Net Web Application. It is a simple program that should display the
    famous phrase " Hello word" when you click on the submit button.

    However, when I run the program, the web page displayed in the browser fine.
    Then when I click on the submit button I get:

    http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapter02/HelloWeb/WebForm1.aspx

    The page cannot be displayed.

    What could be the reason for that? Am I missing some thing in the config
    file.

    Thanks

    Yousri

    Yousri, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Hard to say. The first thing you need to do is change your IE browser
    configuration (Tools|Options|Advanced Tab), and uncheck "Show Friendly HTTP
    error messages." Then you will be able to see what the error is. If you can
    tell us that, we can help you diagnose the problem.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Everybody picks their nose,
    But some people are better at hiding it.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Yousri

    Yousri Guest

    Hi Kevin,
    Thank you very much for your help.

    I tried what you have suggested, but did not do anything. The error still
    there

    Yousri

    Yousri, Aug 4, 2005
  4. What IS the error (exact text, please)?

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 4, 2005
  5. Yousri

    Yousri Guest

    Hi Kevin,
    I have a form with Reset and Submit Button with Text box only.
    When I run the application the page is displayed fine.
    The submit button has this code:
    Response.Write("Hello Web!<br>")

    And when I click on the submit button I get this

    This is the URL

    http://localhost/ASP-Projects/Chapter02/HelloWeb/WebForm1.aspx

    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page
    address is incorrect.

    Please try the following:

    a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, check that it
    is entered correctly.

    b.. Open the localhost home page and then look for links to the
    information you want.
    HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
    Internet Information Services

    a.. More information:
    Microsoft Support

    Yousri, Aug 4, 2005
  6. 405 means "Method not allowed." In this case, it would be the POST method of
    a form. Check your web server configuration.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 4, 2005
  7. Yousri

    Yousri Guest

    Hi Kevin,
    I check the server config and still is not working.
    But thank you very much for your help anyway.

    Yousri
    ..

    Yousri, Aug 5, 2005