asp.net hosting outside of IIS, path to "virtual" file?

EP

I'm using HttpRuntime.Process to process asp.net and web service requests.
My question is, is it possible to dynamically provide that "file contents"
of the asmx to the runtime?

I'd like to dynamically publish items but not actually have them located in
a physical file. Is this possible?

So the request would be for server/myApp/SomeFile.asmx, and instead of
letting the HttpRuntime pick up that file I would give it what I thought the
contents should be?

Thanks,

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

There are quite a few ways to "publish dynamically" but I am not certain
running all of your UI through ASMX is the wisest solution, as it tightly
couples your UI elements with the business layer. You could create a
model-view-controller pattern for UI and still use ASMX for the backend,
which is a better architecture. I saw an article on this on the Microsoft
MSDN site. I believe it was in architecture
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

EP

Nothing about this has UI involved.

The "quite a few ways", are they ways to pass a type into the
WebServiceHandler instead of it getting the type from the asmx file?