    Thank you
    Francisco O.
    IBLUES.
    Frank, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Frank wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I wasn't sure which group to use

    This is my canned response - don't take it personally, Im just saving myself
    some typing:

    > but I'm developing a web
    > application that connects to a sql server. This application is for
    > External Clients but the information is sensitive. I thougth that if
    > I do Windows Authentication, would be the most secure one.

    Yes, it is, but external clients would not be authenticated in your domain
    would they? That is a requirement for Windows Authentication to work.

    > I'm not
    > sure if this is true. In any event, I want to avoid the browser
    > asking for username and password and allowing the user to type on a
    > username password textboxes on the web form. Is this possible?

    Not with clients who are not authenticated in your domain.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 20, 2006

  3. Frank

    Chianti Guest

    Well, If you are using Windows Authentication and these people are accessing
    your web app across the net that are NOT currently logged in to your domain,
    then you are going to have to ask for a username and password. There are
    lots of secure ways of performing log ins. I would suggest researching all
    the encryption methods that Microsoft offers on the MSDN site.

    Chianti, Feb 1, 2006