ASP.NET/IIS and MS Windows Anti-spyware Beta interactions

~~~ .NET Ed ~~~

Hi,
Are there any known bad interactions between an ASP.NET (1.1)/IIS
installation and the MS Windows Anti-spyware Beta? I have a working XP Pro
with ASP.NET and don't want to let it go to hell. End of last year I
installed the "long awaited" ASP.NET 2.0 + Web Application Studio Beta (MS)
and my whole laptop installation went down the toilet, IIS and ASP.NET 1.1
did not work anymore and other things as well, now the machine is up to a
Windows re-install (that bad it was).

So if anybody knows if there are any issues with this combination have your
voice heard :) I need to know whether I should install that (the
anti-spyware beta) or just ditch it.

Scott Allen

Ed:

You had beta versions of two products installed, you are lucky the
laptop made it as far as it did!