ASP.NET / IIS - Any Connection Limits?

Guest

Hi All,

From what I recall, web services may limit the number of connections from a
particular IP address. Do started web forms have a similar limitation?

I have an application which needs to stream binary data from an ASP.NET
page I wrote - I like to know if ASP.NET limits the calling application to
only 2 connections?

If it does, any way to raise the limit?

Thanks!

Guest

From what I recall, web services may limit the number of connections
from a particular IP address. Do started web forms have a similar
limitation?

I have an application which needs to stream binary data from an
ASP.NET page I wrote - I like to know if ASP.NET limits the calling
application to only 2 connections?

If it does, any way to raise the limit?

I should be more clear:

Calling App (not .NET) make several calls to my ASP.NET page

Calling App seems to slow down when it makes several simultaneous calls.

I'm not sure if ASP.NET (receiving end) is blocking calls, or if the
calling application is limiting outbound connections.

Does ASP.NET (receiving end) have any limits on the number of connections
it can handle? I'm using Windows 2003.

bruce barker

in general the client does the limit. IE will only allow 2 connection to the
same server (even if you use multiple browser windows.)

asp.net has a couple limits:

1) number of i/o threads
2) max iis connections
3) requests the use the same session are queued (only one at time)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)