    Hi All,

    From what I recall, web services may limit the number of connections from a
    particular IP address. Do started web forms have a similar limitation?

    I have an application which needs to stream binary data from an ASP.NET
    page I wrote - I like to know if ASP.NET limits the calling application to
    only 2 connections?

    If it does, any way to raise the limit?

    Thanks!

    --
    (Do not e-mail)
    Spam Catcher, Jan 25, 2008

  2. Spam Catcher

    Spam Catcher Guest

    Spam Catcher <> wrote in
    news:Xns9A30994D07851usenethoneypotrogers@127.0.0.1:

    > From what I recall, web services may limit the number of connections
    > from a particular IP address. Do started web forms have a similar
    > limitation?
    >
    > I have an application which needs to stream binary data from an
    > ASP.NET page I wrote - I like to know if ASP.NET limits the calling
    > application to only 2 connections?
    >
    > If it does, any way to raise the limit?

    I should be more clear:

    Calling App (not .NET) make several calls to my ASP.NET page

    Calling App seems to slow down when it makes several simultaneous calls.

    I'm not sure if ASP.NET (receiving end) is blocking calls, or if the
    calling application is limiting outbound connections.

    Does ASP.NET (receiving end) have any limits on the number of connections
    it can handle? I'm using Windows 2003.

    --
    (Do not e-mail)
    Spam Catcher, Jan 25, 2008

  3. Spam Catcher

    bruce barker Guest

    in general the client does the limit. IE will only allow 2 connection to the
    same server (even if you use multiple browser windows.)

    asp.net has a couple limits:

    1) number of i/o threads
    2) max iis connections
    3) requests the use the same session are queued (only one at time)

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jan 25, 2008