ASP.Net & IIS MetaData Question

Shawn & Jo-an Mehaffie

1) Is there a way to access the IIS Meta Data using ASP.Net? I want to write a web site that will need to fill a combo box with a list of all the web sites we have on our server farm. I want the user to see a user friendly list and not the standard W3CV/???/???.

Any help will be appreciated.

S. Shawn Mehaffie
PC Resources, LLX

John Saunders

Shawn,

The IIS MetaBase can be accessed through ADSI. You can use the classes in the System.DirectoryServices namespace to do this.

I'm afraid I don't have a good clean example for you. The documentation has some good System.DirectoryServices walk-throughs, they just don't use IIS as their example.
--
John Saunders
Internet Engineer