ASP.NET ImageButtons not firing

Guest

I have a page with a imagebuttons on it - works fine on my dev machien IIS5
I ahve deployed to test server IIS6 and button does not fire at all in IE.
It has rendered a html input tag. I open same page in Firefox and it does
work.
So is this a problem with IE or the IIS6 server/asp.net configuration?
Although the same browser can browse to live site and the imagebutton works,
so it must be this one IIS6 box. Which was working.
What can stop this button from firing ?

TJS

it's likely a browser issue

post some code so folks can see where the problem might be located

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Martin,

It sounds like this bug:

BUG: The Submit button on ASP.NET pages does not work after you install the
..NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889877

Try:

"To resolve this problem, install the client-side scripts to the
Aspnet_client subfolder of each Microsoft Internet Information Services
(IIS) site folder. To do this, click Start, click Run, type the following
command in the Open box, and then click OK:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322.aspnet_regiis.exe -c
If you use source control, the "aspnet_regiis.exe -c" command might not work
because script files are considered read
only. If the command does not work, remove the Aspnet_client folder from
source control."

Guest

Thats it - great working now. thanks