    just set impersonate=true.. I want it to work by just setting
    impersonate=true.

    ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    saleryan, Dec 28, 2005

  2. saleryan

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:43:22 +0300, "saleryan" <> wrote:

    ¤ i'm trying to connect to oracle 8.1.7 in asp.net using windows integrated
    ¤ security
    ¤ but i'm always getting a ora 01017 invalid username/password. logon denied
    ¤ message. my web application is running on iis on windows xp professional.
    ¤ this is my connection string
    ¤ This is my connection string: data Source=bankiby;integrated security=yes"
    ¤
    ¤ The strange this is that it WORKS if I explicitly set
    ¤ <identity impersonate="true" userName="IISGroup\userName"
    ¤ password="password" /> in the web.config file. but it doesn' t work when I
    ¤ just set impersonate=true.. I want it to work by just setting
    ¤ impersonate=true.
    ¤

    Assuming Oracle is installed on a machine other than your web server you will need to enable
    Kerberos to support the delegation of credentials to the Oracle database server.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810572

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Dec 28, 2005

  3. saleryan

    saleryan Guest

    How about if Oracle is installed on the same machine as the web server?

    saleryan, Dec 29, 2005
  4. Hi,

    then there are no special steps necessary to enable your scenario - besides
    installing oracle :)
    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Dec 29, 2005
  5. saleryan

    saleryan Guest

    Hi..

    But I have oracle installed on the same machine as the web server and I'm
    getting the same error "Logon denied" it only works if i set <identity
    impersonate="true" userName="IISGroup\userName" password="password" /> in
    the web.config file. but it doesn' t work
    when I just set impersonate=true.. Do I still need to enable kerberos ? If
    not What could be the problem?

    Thanks

    saleryan, Dec 30, 2005
  6. Hi,

    can you check the oracle logs to see who exactly tries to logon?

    ---------------------------------------

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Dec 30, 2005
  7. saleryan

    saleryan Guest

    Hi,

    I looked at the oracle logs and I found that the username being passed to
    oracle is "Username" instead of "Domain\Username" so somehow its not
    passing
    the domain name but just the username. How can I fix this problem?

    Thanks

    saleryan, Jan 3, 2006