ASP.NET IMPERSONATION AND ORACLE 8.1.7

saleryan

i'm trying to connect to oracle 8.1.7 in asp.net using windows integrated
security
but i'm always getting a ora 01017 invalid username/password. logon denied
message. my web application is running on iis on windows xp professional.
this is my connection string
This is my connection string: data Source=bankiby;integrated security=yes"

The strange this is that it WORKS if I explicitly set
<identity impersonate="true" userName="IISGroup\userName"
password="password" /> in the web.config file. but it doesn' t work when I
just set impersonate=true.. I want it to work by just setting
impersonate=true.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Paul Clement

¤
¤ The strange this is that it WORKS if I explicitly set
¤ <identity impersonate="true" userName="IISGroup\userName"
¤ password="password" /> in the web.config file. but it doesn' t work when I
¤ just set impersonate=true.. I want it to work by just setting
¤ impersonate=true.
¤

Assuming Oracle is installed on a machine other than your web server you will need to enable
Kerberos to support the delegation of credentials to the Oracle database server.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810572

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

then there are no special steps necessary to enable your scenario - besides
installing oracle :)

saleryan

Hi..

But I have oracle installed on the same machine as the web server and I'm
getting the same error "Logon denied" it only works if i set <identity
impersonate="true" userName="IISGroup\userName" password="password" /> in
the web.config file. but it doesn' t work
when I just set impersonate=true.. Do I still need to enable kerberos ? If
not What could be the problem?

Thanks

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

can you check the oracle logs to see who exactly tries to logon?

saleryan

Hi,

I looked at the oracle logs and I found that the username being passed to
oracle is "Username" instead of "Domain\Username" so somehow its not
passing
the domain name but just the username. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks