    I test my application on the web server I get an error message that
    the access is denied.

    Please help, thanks

    serre, Feb 7, 2005

  2. If you are using Windows Integrated Authentication in IIS, then this is
    likely failing because your account cannot be delegated to a different
    server. This is called a double hop issue. Do a search for double hop and
    Kerberos Delegation to find out what you need to do to get this working.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Feb 7, 2005

  3. serre

    Paul Clement Guest

    On 7 Feb 2005 07:04:08 -0800, (serre) wrote:

    ¤ Hi,
    ¤
    ¤ I built an ASP.NET Web application with impersonation. This works
    ¤ fine, my login is recognized. Now I want to get access to a certain
    ¤ folder on an UNC file share. I have the rights with my login, but when
    ¤ I test my application on the web server I get an error message that
    ¤ the access is denied.

    The other way around this, if you need to delegate credentials, is to use Basic authentication. This
    would be fine if your app is confined to an Intranet. Otherwise, with NTLM (Integrated Windows
    Authentication) you need to implement Kerberos, as Joe mentioned.

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Feb 7, 2005