ASP.NET Initial delay solution.

Achu

Hi friends,

I am having problem of initial delay of 15 second when I go to my
asp.net website every 30 minutes (not too much traffic to this site).
It is hosted in gate.com (asp.net provider).
I understand about JIT compiler. But this is something related to
resource unloading when no activity with in 20 minute. Because it is a
shared host, I cannot change any settings.

If I ping the websites main page every minute solve this problem? Or
any better solution?

Thank you,
Achu.

Mark Rae

But this is something related to resource unloading when no activity
with in 20 minute.

Yup - that'll be Application_End firing because the final session has timed
out. This means that the next access to your site will cause the
Application_Start to fire - are you doing a lot of processing in there,
maybe caching of persistent data...?
Because it is a shared host, I cannot change any settings.

You can change the Session.Timeout value in web.config, but that's almost
certainly the wrong solution...
If I ping the websites main page every minute solve this problem?

Nope - ASP.NET / IIS will have no knowledge of the server that they're
running on being pinged...
Or any better solution?

The first thing you need to understand is why your app is taking 15 seconds
to start up - what sort of initial processing are you doing...?

Achu

The first thing you need to understand is why your app is taking 15 seconds
to start up - what sort of initial processing are you doing...?

It's just a simple asp.net page. no initial processing, still page take
10 to 15 seconds when loading first time every 20 minute. I don't know
it is provider problem or something else.

thanks,

achu

Mark Rae

It's just a simple asp.net page. no initial processing, still page take
10 to 15 seconds when loading first time every 20 minute. I don't know
it is provider problem or something else.

In which case, you'll need to have a word with your hosting company...