ASP.NET input validation being fired by wrong control

JP2006

I am using asp.net input validation on a web form to check user input.
The web form is on a web user control which is then dragged on to a
..aspx page.
The .aspx page also contains other web user controls in the way of
various LinkButtons.

The problem is that although the validation fires correctly when a user
incorrectly completes the form it also fires when the user clicks on a
LinkButton on that page!

I'm sure this should be doable - otherwise you would not be able to
have mulitiple web user controls that did postbacks on the same page
which would be nonsensical!
Hopefully I am missing something obvious ;-)
Any ideas?

JP2006

Figured it out - needed to add the line CausesValidation="false" to
the other controls to prevent them from firing the validation.