ASP.NET Installation

Richard Myers

Hi

Im about to reinstall Visual Studio.

Ive been screwing around with SQL Server/MSDE for the last couple of days,
learning some new stuff on the administration side of things as opposed to
T-SQL etc. Since i already have instances of these servers on my system,
when the wizard prompts me to install MSDE in the VS.net install, i figured
i'd say no and hook it up manually just so i know what, if anything, is
going on in the background. (Ive generally just glossed over this so im a
bit more patchy on it than i would like).

My question is am i likely to encounter many problems doing this? I figure
im just setting the asp.net worker process with permissions to access SQL
Server instance right?... but i have had problems with this in the past
whereby the ASP.Net worker process basically just dropped out and was a real
***** to reinstall. I want to learn something new, if there is anything new
to learn here, but i dont want to screw around for days just for being keen.

Its a fairly straightforward 10 minute process right? Basically just giving
one service permissions to use another?

TIA
Richard