asp.net integration with apache php ??

Remigiusz Samosiuk

Hi to everyone.

In our firm intranet we decided to move from PHP to ASP.NET and my task
is to integrate old PHP services (apache on linux) with new server (IIS).

All our php services are in folowing form:
- header with menu
- body
- footer

And what we want to achieve is to introduce asp.net in a such way so
that our user will:
- don't see differences in GUI layout
- don't see differences in url

and additionally we don't want to remember that we need to update old
server when new service is added - so apache should be configured once
and thats it.

My idea how this could be done is to force IIS/ASP.NET to redirect all
requests for concrete services to old server, but not through normal
redirection (remember we don't want url changes). IIS should behave like
proxy. Each request for old php page should work something like this:

- request for http://iis_server/concrete_service/file.php (client)
- header is generated(IIS/ASP.NET)
- request is sent to apache(IIS/ASP.NET)
- apache generate only page body
- header, generated body and footer is sent to client(IIS/ASP.NET)

for all new services iis should run asp.net files (i.e.
http://iis_server/new_concrete_service/file.aspx)

Because of generated header it can't be done with isapi extension - but
maybe I'm wrong. Additional difficulty is authenticaton which can be
done by normal credentials, or by client certificates for some services.

Any one has any idea is it possible ??
How ??
Links, Examples (maybe similar situation with asp.net and asp
applications)??

Remigiusz Samosiuk