ASP.NET Integration with ASP 3

Melk

Hi,

I developed many complete asp.net solutions by VS2005 without problems;
but now I have to integrate and replace some pages of a big existing
project built in asp 3.0.
I tried to compose a new solution importing the existing asp pages, but
during execution errors told me that asp pages is not valid format.
So I tried to put only the new ASPX page on the server, inside the
existing structures, but the pages doesn't recognize the path
structures, the only one solution I found is to putting all the related
docs (like class and Web User Controls) inside the same path of the
aspx... but I can't copy this each page...

Are there some one who can give me some suggestions, please!

Thank you

Melk

Hans Kesting

Hi,
I developed many complete asp.net solutions by VS2005 without problems; but
now I have to integrate and replace some pages of a big existing project
built in asp 3.0.
I tried to compose a new solution importing the existing asp pages, but
during execution errors told me that asp pages is not valid format.
So I tried to put only the new ASPX page on the server, inside the existing
structures, but the pages doesn't recognize the path structures, the only one
solution I found is to putting all the related docs (like class and Web User
Controls) inside the same path of the aspx... but I can't copy this each
page...

Are there some one who can give me some suggestions, please!

Thank you

Melk

Even if you put both asp3 and asp.net applications in the same
directory, they still would be two separate applications. You can't
share information except through querystring and postdata.
A login in one application would not be recognized by the other.
Both have a Session, but they work very differently.
Maybe you can have the asp.net webapp in a subdirectory (separate
application in IIS) of the asp3 webapp.

Hans Kesting

Mark Rae

Even if you put both asp3 and asp.net applications in the same directory,
they still would be two separate applications.

That's certainly true.
You can't share information except through querystring and postdata.

Not true at all - both ASP and ASP.NET are perfectly capable of interfacing
with a relational database, reading an XML document, even reading a text
file... There are plenty ways of making them work together... However,
whether that's a sensible solution or not is a different matter... :)
A login in one application would not be recognized by the other.

Of course it would - if it was written that way, e.g. via a database
backend...