    Are there some one who can give me some suggestions, please!

    Thank you

    Melk
    Melk, Jul 4, 2006

  2. Melk

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I developed many complete asp.net solutions by VS2005 without problems; but
    > now I have to integrate and replace some pages of a big existing project
    > built in asp 3.0.
    > I tried to compose a new solution importing the existing asp pages, but
    > during execution errors told me that asp pages is not valid format.
    > So I tried to put only the new ASPX page on the server, inside the existing
    > structures, but the pages doesn't recognize the path structures, the only one
    > solution I found is to putting all the related docs (like class and Web User
    > Controls) inside the same path of the aspx... but I can't copy this each
    > page...
    >
    > Are there some one who can give me some suggestions, please!
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Melk

    Even if you put both asp3 and asp.net applications in the same
    directory, they still would be two separate applications. You can't
    share information except through querystring and postdata.
    A login in one application would not be recognized by the other.
    Both have a Session, but they work very differently.
    Maybe you can have the asp.net webapp in a subdirectory (separate
    application in IIS) of the asp3 webapp.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Melk

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Hans Kesting" <> wrote in message

    > Even if you put both asp3 and asp.net applications in the same directory,
    > they still would be two separate applications.

    That's certainly true.

    > You can't share information except through querystring and postdata.

    Not true at all - both ASP and ASP.NET are perfectly capable of interfacing
    with a relational database, reading an XML document, even reading a text
    file... There are plenty ways of making them work together... However,
    whether that's a sensible solution or not is a different matter... :)

    > A login in one application would not be recognized by the other.

    Of course it would - if it was written that way, e.g. via a database
    backend...

    Mark Rae, Jul 5, 2006