    Reporting Services as the reporting solution. I have looked at Infopath
    forms (maybe too simple) as well as webparts for SP (could be bloated over
    time?) but neither option really appealled to me.

    Alvin, Aug 6, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?QWx2aW4=?=
    <> writing in

    > I'm new to both asp.net development and sharepoint 2007. I was
    > wondering if it was possible to design an asp.net application first as
    > a standalone web application and later integrate it with sharepoint
    > when funds become available. The type of applications I'm looking to
    > create are the simple standard data entry screens (master-detail
    > style) and using SQL Server Reporting Services as the reporting
    > solution. I have looked at Infopath forms (maybe too simple) as well
    > as webparts for SP (could be bloated over time?) but neither option
    > really appealled to me.

    I'm sure Bob Barrows will be along shortly to tell you that this is an
    ASP Classic group. You will want to look for something with dotnet or
    framework in its name.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services