ASP.NET Intranet Application and Macintosh clients

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by microcosmos, May 3, 2005.

  1. microcosmos

    microcosmos Guest

    We have developed a web-based "intranet" application using ASP.NET, C#
    and SQL Server 2000, session management with State Server. This
    application will not be used on internet, just an intranet environment
    in a local area network, consisting of PC and Macintosh clients.
    Macintosh users will indeed just use the searching facilities of the
    application.

    Our Web-Server has Windows 2003 Server and IIS6 on it. Although the
    PC's can successfully use this web application, Macintosh computers can
    not connect. When we write the address of the application such as
    "http:\\192.168.1.3\applicationname" (192.168.1.3 is the IP address of
    the Windows 2003 Server running the IIS and the web application on it)
    on the Macintosh computer's Internet Explorer address bar, first a
    login dialog comes asking the user name, password and domain name to
    connect to the Windows 2003 Server, after we login successfully an
    error page comes on the browser with the such as error "Access Denied".
    When we type "http:\\192.168.1.3\" and the standard "Under
    Construction" page comes, no error.

    My question is; can the macintosh clients use an asp.net intranet
    application in this way, I mean are we trying to achieve an impossible
    thing? I wish the anwer is "Yes they can", but if yes, what are we
    missing? What the setting or configurations we have to make to see the
    Mac's also connect without problem?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    microcosmos, May 3, 2005