ASP.NET Intranet Application and Macintosh clients

microcosmos

We have developed a web-based "intranet" application using ASP.NET, C#
and SQL Server 2000, session management with State Server. This
application will not be used on internet, just an intranet environment
in a local area network, consisting of PC and Macintosh clients.
Macintosh users will indeed just use the searching facilities of the
application.

Our Web-Server has Windows 2003 Server and IIS6 on it. Although the
PC's can successfully use this web application, Macintosh computers can
not connect. When we write the address of the application such as
"http:\\192.168.1.3\applicationname" (192.168.1.3 is the IP address of
the Windows 2003 Server running the IIS and the web application on it)
on the Macintosh computer's Internet Explorer address bar, first a
login dialog comes asking the user name, password and domain name to
connect to the Windows 2003 Server, after we login successfully an
error page comes on the browser with the such as error "Access Denied".
When we type "http:\\192.168.1.3\" and the standard "Under
Construction" page comes, no error.

My question is; can the macintosh clients use an asp.net intranet
application in this way, I mean are we trying to achieve an impossible
thing? I wish the anwer is "Yes they can", but if yes, what are we
missing? What the setting or configurations we have to make to see the
Mac's also connect without problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.