asp.net invalid file name for monitoring

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ron Simpson, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Ron Simpson

    Ron Simpson Guest

    I am trying to run asp.net pages. The server is accessed
    via http://sitename/username

    I have verified it is using port 80 and aspx extensions
    are configured. But when I run and asp.net page I get the
    following error:

    Invalid file name for monitoring: 'E:\'. File names for
    monitoring must have absolute paths, and no wildcards.
    execution of the current web request. Please review the
    stack trace for more information about the error and where
    it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Invalid file
    name for monitoring: 'E:\'. File names for monitoring must
    have absolute paths, and no wildcards.

    Source Error:

    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution
    of the current web request. Information regarding the
    origin and location of the exception can be identified
    using the exception stack trace below.

    Stack Trace:

    [HttpException (0x80070057): Invalid file name for
    monitoring: 'E:\'. File names for monitoring must have
    absolute paths, and no wildcards.]
    System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath
    (String alias, FileChangeEventHandler callback) +611
    System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean
    isPublic, Boolean isSensitive, String[] filenamesArg,
    String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency,
    DateTime utcStart) +1535
    System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(Boolean
    isSensitive, String[] filenames, DateTime utcStart) +50

    System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.GetCacheDe
    pendencies(Hashtable cachedeps, DateTime utcStart) +151

    System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.ComposeCon
    fig(String reqPath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +697
    System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfigRecord(String
    reqpath, IHttpMapPath configmap) +434
    System.Web.HttpContext.GetCompleteConfig() +48
    System.Web.HttpContext.GetConfig(String name) +195
    System.Web.CustomErrors.GetSettings(HttpContext
    context, Boolean canThrow) +20
    System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e,
    Boolean canThrow) +40
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequest(HttpWorkerRequest
    wr, HttpContext context, Exception e) +480

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

    Ron Simpson, Sep 24, 2004