ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brent Burkart, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. I am trying to send an email using SMTP server through IIS. I am recieving
    the following error.

    Access is denied.

    Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

    granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
    ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
    Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
    impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
    impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
    IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

    To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
    choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
    appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
    boxes for the desired access.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
    ]

    [TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an
    invocation.]
    System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr,
    Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture,
    String[] namedParameters) +0
    System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr,
    Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers,
    CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) +473
    System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
    methodName, Object[] args) +58

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.]
    System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
    methodName, Object[] args) +112
    System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1846
    System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +150
    lockinsheet.hidden.Email_Reports() +128
    lockinsheet.hidden.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +266

    However, I am unable to identify the resource this is talking about. I have
    tried to adjust the settings on all the resources I can think of.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Brent
    Brent Burkart, Oct 20, 2003

  2. this has been fixed

    This has been fixed

    Brent Burkart, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Brent Burkart

    Danish

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Required Suggestion

    Hello Brent,

    Im also facing the same problem can you explain me that how you fixed the probem,i need your assistance please sent me the prompt response.

    Danish
    Danish, Jun 19, 2007