ASP.NET JavaScript Popup, No Popup Using Back Button

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dapkniht, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. dapkniht

    dapkniht Guest

    Hello,

    Here's my situation... I have an ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) page with a link button.
    When a user clicks the button I need it to execute the code behind code for
    the link button on click event. At the end of the code behind code for the
    link button click event, I use JavaScript to popup another browser window
    (using window.open).

    This all works fine. It's basically a confirmation popup.

    The issue comes in when the user closes the popup and continues to work with
    the site and they click the back button. If they click the back button to
    the correct place, the popup window appears again, which I don't want. I
    only want to popup to appear if the user clicks the link button on the page
    in question, not by using the back button.

    So, would anyone know how to prevent the popup window from "popping up" when
    the user uses the back button?

    Thanks.

    dapkniht, Mar 7, 2006

  2. Look at the discussion of a similar topic in another thread:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...cted in dropdownlist"&rnum=1#9390a4e5f815d4ca

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Mar 8, 2006