asp.net killing foreign letters??

Jerome

Hi,

I've made an input page in asp.net and the records are saved BUT without
the 'foreign letters' like é, ä, ü and so on!?

What could be the problem?

My SQL database accepts these letters without problems, so it has to be
asp.net who deletes them while inserting the record into the SQL
database. The field in the database is defined as varchar(250).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jerome

Jerome

Hm, doesn't work with nvarchar(250) neither.
The special characters don't get saved! :(

Guest

Have you tried setting breakpoints in your application and step through
every single line watching where the characters are and where they are not.

Jerome

On the SQL server the field is defined a nvarch(250),
but in the table in the SQL connection in Dreamweaver 2004 the same
field is characterized as wchar(250)? But I can't change that there...

What's this 'wchar'? Doesn't 'wchar' saved special characters?

Thanks.

George Ter-Saakov

nvarchar holds Unicode strings
wchar is the same. I guess different names.

I am not sure what you mean by "in the table in the SQL connection in
Dreamweaver 2004" always thought that dreamweaver is the tool to design
HTML.

George.

Jerome

Hi, it seems like the code generated by Dreamweaver to insert the SQL is
the problem. I've created a test page purely in ASP.NET and there the
special characters don't disappear!

So I've turned my attention to Dreamweaver forums, since I'd like to
still use some of DW's neat features.

THanks anyhow to all those who answered inhere!

Jerome