ASP.Net Listboxes

Big E

I'm using ASP.net and SQL Server 2000.
I have a multiple select Listbox that is populated by a Lookup table that
also contains Id's. In another joined table I have these Id's associated
with customers. I want the listbox to appear on the form but with the
listbox id selected that are associated with that customer.

Meaning: 1 user belongs to several communities.
Joe is in community 1
Joe is in community 2
Joe is in community 3
Joe is NOT in community 4 to 100.
But the listbox should show 4 to 100 in case he wants to be.

How do I have the listbox when Joe is on the form to be highlighted for 1,
2, 3 and not 4, 5, 6, -> 100.

Thanks.

Big E

John Saunders

Big E said:
I'm using ASP.net and SQL Server 2000.
I have a multiple select Listbox that is populated by a Lookup table that
also contains Id's. In another joined table I have these Id's associated
with customers. I want the listbox to appear on the form but with the
listbox id selected that are associated with that customer.

Meaning: 1 user belongs to several communities.
Joe is in community 1
Joe is in community 2
Joe is in community 3
Joe is NOT in community 4 to 100.
But the listbox should show 4 to 100 in case he wants to be.

How do I have the listbox when Joe is on the form to be highlighted for 1,
2, 3 and not 4, 5, 6, -> 100.

Can't you go through the items in the ListBox and set Selected = true for
each item representing a community the user is in?