ASP.NET login page to FTP ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Luiz Vianna, Jun 1, 2007.

  1. Luiz Vianna

    Luiz Vianna Guest

    Folks,

    I´m trying to do a very simple thing that is getting very hard.

    What I need?

    A http ASP.NET login page (like http://www.me.com/ftp/login.aspx) to accept credential from users (and validate then) to redirect then to a protected FTP place like ftp://ftp.me.com/. All using just IE (the user does not have FTP client)

    What happened?

    I planed to get user/pass/domain and verify then in the AD (ok, done), after that redirecting then using the URL format ftp://user:, but this do not work on IE7.

    The other way would be to provide a real FTP service login on my ASPX page, and redirect the user to ftp place. When I do that, I can log on to FTP (using ftpwebrequest), but after redirecting to the URL the FTP service (Win2003) asks for credentials again....

    Ideas? please!!!

    Thanks

    Luiz

    Luiz Vianna, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Luiz Vianna

    bruce barker Guest

    http and ftp are different protocols. you can not pass login from one to
    the other (except for obsolete user:pass on url).

    you write a web site that frontends the ftp site.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 1, 2007

  3. Luiz Vianna

    Larry Bud Guest

    > I planed to get user/pass/domain and verify then in the AD (ok, done), after that redirecting then using the URL format ftp://user:, but this do not work on IE7.

    Why doesn't that work? Works for me.

    Larry Bud, Jun 1, 2007