ASP.NET Logon question: sign-on from 'homepage' into application in sub-domain

Jurjen de Groot

Hi,

I'm maintaining an application wich used to be hosted on the domain
<domain>.com but since we get more clients for it, we've put some main page
on the <domain>.com and both clients now have their own application (as
virtual directories) <domain>.com/client1 and <domain>.com/client2.

Now comes the hard part, they want to be able to login from the homepage on
<domain>.com using their userid / password AND client1/client2 selection and
then (after validation) be redirected to the respective virtual directory.

I was wondering if this is at all possible, I've no idea where to begin
looking.
The application is using forms-authentication.

TIA,
Jurjen.