    service instead of IIS?

    Thank you for help,
    Lubomir

    Lubomir, Apr 25, 2009

  2. Yes. Do a google search and I am sure someone has already done the work. If
    not, you can create a custom provider to do the authentication.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 25, 2009

  3. Lubomir

    Lubomir Guest

    I already did searching on Google. In all cases Sql membership and Sql role
    provider was hosted in WCF service running in IIS. Clients were both web and
    windows app. No one case where wcf service with ASP.NET sql membership and
    role provider would be hosted in windows service.

    I created classes for role provider, membership and so on. But the
    Initialize method neither for role nor for membership provider is not called
    by framework.

    I don't use a config file neither for a client nor for a service.

    Lubomir, Apr 26, 2009