ASP.NET membership provider

Lubomir

Hi,

ASP.NET membership related objects like SqlMembershipProvider,
SqlRoleProvider are usually used within an app hosted in IIS.

Can I use the concept of ASP.NET membership within an app hosted in Windows
service instead of IIS?

Thank you for help,
Lubomir

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Yes. Do a google search and I am sure someone has already done the work. If
not, you can create a custom provider to do the authentication.

Lubomir

I already did searching on Google. In all cases Sql membership and Sql role
provider was hosted in WCF service running in IIS. Clients were both web and
windows app. No one case where wcf service with ASP.NET sql membership and
role provider would be hosted in windows service.

I created classes for role provider, membership and so on. But the
Initialize method neither for role nor for membership provider is not called
by framework.

I don't use a config file neither for a client nor for a service.