ASP.net membership/role/profile question - is it possible?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by RM, Feb 9, 2010.

  1. RM

    RM Guest

    Hi guys,
    I am using ASP.net Membership, Role and Profile under Windows form and it is
    working fine.
    Now I want to encapsulate it in a DLL that can be used with my Forms and
    Other DLLs if required.

    The problem is that when I am calling the encapsulated
    membership/role/profile library things doesn't work
    (some error message like "membership/role/profile is not enabled"). Things
    working again if I add the App.config
    file from the encapsulated membership/role/profile libary to the library or
    the forms project that I am calling it.

    My problem is that I don't want to duplicate the same App.config (which has
    the menbership/role sections) again
    and again.

    The question is how can achieve this? How can I force other project files to
    use the same App.config that is
    defined in the DLL? Any suggestions?

    many thanks

    RM

    RM, Feb 9, 2010

  2. RM,

    Each application uses it's own app.config file to control it's own settings.
    So sharing an app.config file isn't a great idea.

    But, you can have your dll write what it needs to the app.config file itself
    so that you don't have to manually copy the data every time:

    http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/27179-Dynamic-App-Settings.aspx

    --

    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP