ASP.Net Memory Breakdown

Guest

Is there a way to view the type, number, and size of the objects allocated in
the ASP.Net process (aspnet_wp.exe)?

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

you can get some of that information by using perfmon counters

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]
Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi thejeffross,

I think Alvin's suggestion on using the Perf counters is reasonable since
NET has provide many existing counters for monitoring the ASP.NET's
runtime object model such as request/response count, caching usage , CLR
threadpool....

#HOW TO: Analyze ASP.NET Web Application Performance by Using the
Performance Administration Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815159

In addition, I'm not sure whether you've ever noticed the "CLR Profiler"
tool, though it's not a buildin tool shiped with .net or VS.NET, we can get
it from msdn site

CLR Profiler is available as an Internet download from Microsoft Download
Center at
http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/4/2/442d67c7-a1c1-4884-9715-803a7b4
85b82/clr%20profiler.exe.

This tool can help profile the memory in managed .net
application(including assemlies, function call, class graphic, object
graphic.....)

#How To: Use CLR Profiler
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenethowto13.asp?frame
=true

Hope helps. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Kevin Spencer

BTW, you can also create your own custom performance monitors inside your
app.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer