    when adding submenu items, an IFRAME appears,

    Any ideas on how to resolve this would be welcome.

    Thanks

    Microsoft Newsserver, Feb 22, 2008

  2. Microsoft Newsserver

    bruce barker Guest

    if the other elements are dropdowns then this is a long standing design flaw
    in IE. its been corrected in ie 7.

    the problem is the actual dropdown controls (select) on on a seperate window
    in front of the browser content window, so there no way with z-order to get
    content in the main window on top of a select.

    there are 3 common solution for pre ie 7:

    1) make sure no selects are in the way.
    2) when a flyout menu/ dialog is shown, turn off the display of selects
    (this is how the ajax toolkit does it for popups).
    3) create a dynamic floating iframe (which is a sperate window) and render
    the flyout in it. (this is how the google toolkit does it for popups).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Feb 22, 2008