ASP.Net, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and XML

djamilabouzid

Hi!

I work in a web site project which uses ASP.net and Microsoft SQL
Server 2005. I use XML and XSL for my pages. My problem is:

o As the data in the database contain some characters that are not
allowed by XML structure, I used CDATA for all my fields in order to
store them in the XML file like that :

vignettes_xml = vignettes_xml + "<transcription_texte><![CDATA[" +
reader1.GetString(47) + "]]></transcription_texte>"

o But After I realized that with CDATA I can't access to my XML
structures inside the field (knowing that some fields in the database
stored XML data). So I changed my field to normal writing like that:

vignettes_xml = vignettes_xml + "<transcription_texte>" +
reader1.GetString(47) + "]</transcription_texte>"

o The problem is : with in both the first and the second writing I have
in my XML variable transcription_texte an empty data. But in my
database every transcription_texte contains a long XML structure. I did
not understand what the source of the problem is.

Your answers can be very helpful.

Regards,

Djamila.